Friday, August 27, 2010

What do you feel when you see all the homeless on the street?
Who do you pray for at night before you go to sleep?
What do you feel when you look in the mirror? Are you proud?
How do you sleep while the rest of us cry?
How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye?
How do you walk with your head held high?
Can you even look me, in the eye? and tell me why.

these are the lyrics to the most inspiring song for me. Dear Mr President by P!nk. I absolutely love that song. Let me tell you why. Just tonight this song played on my iPod and thats when it hit me. I'm gonna help people after school. I thought I wanted to be a doctor. Nah nah nah, I want to be out there in Nigeria, Pakistan helping children. Children in poverty, children who are suffering from Malnutrition. Help everyone but especially children. I don't get how you can hear about the flood in Pakistan and say "they deserved it. They decided to bomb the world, its karma." How???? How can you say that?!??!!!! Im bewildered because someone close to me said that and I am just.....Confused? How can someone feel such bitterness towards another. Another NATION! I can just imagine how we all would feel if our own countries were suffering. Just think about it...people right now in the world who have names, loved by a Mother, and guided by a father, are having to walk hundreds of kilometres just to get to safety. Some, walk that far just to see another human being, and that puts a smile on their face. In the end it doesn't matter if your black and Im white, if you have the coolest timberlands, if you bring $10 for lunch and I don't have lunch money, in the end it doesn't matter whether your mum let you go out with your friends to watch Eclipse. What matters, is that we are all human beings and at the end of the day we are brothers and sisters on this Earth that our Lord, God has blessed us with. He loves us, and expects us to love one another as much as we love ourselves (cos we all know we love ourselves lol) if you have a fridge, a roof over your head, and clean water to drink. Consider yourself wealthier than a lot of people in countries such as Sri Lanka and Papua New Guinea. If you want to help go to www.unicef.org.nz or any other unicef website because there's many around the world.

One people.
One love.
Mel


P.S Apologies if this post contains conventional errors, I'm just typing away my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment